Monday, August 24, 2009

Changing Minds and Hearts

From the The American Soectator a story about changing the way we think of 9/11 from one of mourning our dead and keeping our country safe from further attacks, to one of community organizing the nation into the equivalent of neighborhood cleanups.

It's sickening and it'll work because already the younger of our citizens have no memory of 9/11 -- the left having taken over the memorials and made them into anti-American kumbaya group hugs and the media having effectively banned images of the collapse of the towers and especially the jumpers like the heart stopping image of the Falling Man below.




























Trite as it is to mention it so often, but those who can't or won't remember history will be forced to repeat it in ways ever more inimical to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi there! I'm commenting! Anyway -- yeah, this drives me crazy too, the "we were attacked? that just means we need to clean up our own backyard!" attitude. Then I came across the website of the Last Psychiatrist and he had this to say. Makes sense to me. I'm afraid it's going to take something hitting us even harder to break through our cultural protections, and I'm afraid that it will be something so hard that we'll be completely destroyed. *gloom*

erp said...

When I read linked post, my immediate reaction was that it's sarcasm and one of the commenters had the same idea. If it's not, then I don't get it. I don't know a thing about the Matrix, but I assume it means collectivism of some sort.

I think our strength is that after a terrible attack like 9/11, we could get back to what's normal for us pretty quickly and if we allow ourselves to be hit hard, we'll only have ourselves to blame.