Monday, May 12, 2008

White People = Any Color Liberals

Amusing website.



So, where do you stand on the Oxford Comma?

I love words and grammar and although errors jump out at me from the printed page, I think it's very rude to correct them unless you are very fond of the writer and it's done in such a way as to not call attention to it. I'm much less likely to correct anyone's pronunciation, even my kids. What I might do is use the same word later in the conversation and hope the point will be taken.

When I first encountered the internet, I was thrown off by the use of lowercase and now it's become, if not actually correct, at least not actively offensive.

Improper word usage is another thing and I hope I never get so used to it that it no longer offends.

4 comments:

Bret said...

u r not gonna worry abt grammar soon. if i cud jus kno wht people r tryin 2 say, i'd b happy. :-)

erp said...

Et tu Bret?

Bret said...

Well, when I'm texting with my daughter, I gotta speak the lingo, you know. Also, if I was typing on a phone keypad, I'd skip as many characters as possible too.

Just wait till I do a whole blog post in that style! :-)

erp said...

Show off!