Mother's Day was fun when the kids were little. Their grammar school PTA had a plant sale and every year they would hide the plants until Sunday morning when we'd plant them in a little garden plot on the patio. I lived in dread that the plants would die before they forgot about them and often replenished those that didn't make it.
I bet you could fill a book with the tricks you did to keep the children from being disappointed. I lost count of the number of gerbils we secretly replaced when the pets died or escaped.
My kids tell it like it is and their kids, being perfect, don't seem to take things to heart. Maybe we made it harder for them when they grew up and learned the real world doesn't replace their gerbils or their tomato plants.
Just asking?
Be interesting to hear from the younger set on this issue.
6 comments:
Yeah, the only reason I had children was so that I could be a grandparent one day.
All the various genes have conspired to produce perfect grandchildren. Quite an amazing phenomenon.
We don't have the same Mothers' Day as you, but we share the sentiments. I am finding life as a grandmother perfect!
m. Of course you are.
Mother's Day was fun when the kids were little. Their grammar school PTA had a plant sale and every year they would hide the plants until Sunday morning when we'd plant them in a little garden plot on the patio. I lived in dread that the plants would die before they forgot about them and often replenished those that didn't make it.
I bet you could fill a book with the tricks you did to keep the children from being disappointed. I lost count of the number of gerbils we secretly replaced when the pets died or escaped.
Did we do right I wonder?
My kids tell it like it is and their kids, being perfect, don't seem to take things to heart. Maybe we made it harder for them when they grew up and learned the real world doesn't replace their gerbils or their tomato plants.
Just asking?
Be interesting to hear from the younger set on this issue.
Post a Comment