Apparently, sharing books is not as easy as it sounded.
I couldn't figure it out, so I called Amazon Kindle and learned that in order to read a book someone else purchased, you must log on to their Kindle account and read the book from there. The tech wasn't sure if you needed to download the Kindle for PC to do this (downloading Kindle to Macs isn't available yet).
Not surprisingly, he didn't seem thrilled to be giving me any information about this feature.
I'll be getting one of those new small notebooks as soon as I figure out which one I want. At that time I'll get a new email address exclusively for Kindle, so I'll publish it on this blog. Until then, email me and I'll send you my Kindle log-on information.
I hope it works.
One question was answered. The books we buy from Amazon Kindle are our property, so there's no reason we can't swap and share them just like we do paper books.
As for the Churchill book, it's great. I sure envy Paul Johnson's writing ability almost as much as his erudition.
2 comments:
erp:
Thanks for recommending "The Intellectuals"; it was the first book I downloaded.
It was so well written I guess I'll have to get the Churchill book.
That is, after I have read Wodehouse and "The Big Questions" by Steven Landsburg.
Delighted you liked it. If everybody read it, the Democratic party would be finished.
Post a Comment