Googling for a video of Cheney's remarks by typing in the words: "Cheney speech 5/21/09 video" brought up any number of hits for Obama speeches and videos, then Cheney's remarks excerpted with commentary, then a couple of videos of the speech.
I guess we should be grateful that Cheney isn't in jail and retains his first amendment right and not carp because Google eventually spit out what had been requested, but by me, it's more grating than grateful.
I still think Bush was right to keep his head down and just do his job without engaging his critics, but I'm really glad that Cheney is speaking out now saying things that need to be said and clearing up a lot of the lies and spin the media have gleefully concocted over the past eight years.
Will it be lost on anyone that the old man can speak forcefully without props without making stumbling mistakes and without striking the pose of insufferable arrogance that is Obama's stock in trade.
No comments:
Post a Comment