Monday, September 24, 2007

Ya call that a spider?



Over at Random Distractions, monix has posted a picture of the puny Brit spider. Here in the paradise of coastal Florida, we have spiders worthy of the name.

PS: It's really a dog in a Halloween costume, lest I cause Florida tourism to drop like a stone.

6 comments:

monix said...

AAAAGH!!!

erp said...

I got an email from a friend with pictures of dogs dressed up for Halloween. This was among them. Pretty cool eh?

Anonymous said...

This is why one should never book a Florida vacation at any place called "____ Wood" or "____ Grove".

Long live high rise condos.

monix said...

Aha, so Peter was fooled by the pipe cleaners (or whatever the US equivalent is) too!

erp said...

We call them pipe cleaners too, but that's not what was used in the picture. It was a Halloween costume designed for real dogs.

I'll see if I can post all the pictures. Some of them are even more outrageous.

Hey Skipper said...

I must admit I was fooled by the pipe cleaners.

However, having encountered tarantulas in the wild, it is worth noting that pipe cleaners aren't a patch on the real thing.