This bag was made out of two beautifully woven woolen mats. I had it lined with strong black canvas and this little beauty has been everywhere we've been for 30 or more years and is still going strong. I got the two pieces along with some other stuff as a gift from a cousin who was in the UN delegation from Albania while it was under the draconian Enver Hoxha but that's a story for another day.
Here we, the bag and I, are in Mexico City in 1989 at the Museo de Archeologia (I think).
Here's another design evocative of Navaho weaving. It seems impossible for these two cultures so far apart could have influenced each other, but there you have it.
1 comment:
What a clever idea to make your miniatures into a bag - useful and beautiful, the perfect combination. It is interesting to see how different cultures use similar designs in their traditional crafts. Nothing new under the sun, eh?
Post a Comment