Thomas Sowell via The American Spectator: Only our own awareness of the huge stakes involved can save us from the rampaging presumptions of our betters, whether they are called socialists or fascists. So long as we buy their heady rhetoric, we are selling our birthright of freedom.
If every school child and adult citizen of the U.S. read and understood this article, sanity and propsperity would return to our fair land.
2 comments:
I'm not convinced that many "buy their heady rhetoric", rather "our betters" or those with the power and can ram their "rampaging presumptions" upon us because of support of those the share the spoils with.
We were never free, we only had the illusion of freedom. Now we see how it really works: might makes right.
Yikes and I thought I was the cynic around here. I'm trying to leave room for optimism because I disagree that we were never free.
Post a Comment