Monday, December 1, 2008

Posse Comitatus Act

... and lady liberty cried.




















me too.

4 comments:

Hey Skipper said...

Despite the ACLU's bleating, this contingency planning has not heck all to do with the Posse Comitatus Act.

Presume, for a moment, that something awful happens.

Do you want the military, with all its capabilities, sitting on its hands in the face of some disaster because no one has given any thought to using the military's capabilities?

erp said...

We have other resources as was proven after 9/11 (Katrina was a tragedy perpetrated by local and state officials who had the resources and the responsibility to take action, but chose not to) and the last thing I want is a tin horn dictator as Obama is shaping up to be, at the head of a domestic army.

As always, I look forward to being proved wrong.

Glad you liked my limerick, thanks.

Hey Skipper said...

We have other resources as was proven after 9/11 ...

On the disaster scale 9/11 was pretty small, and even handling Katrina was not an immense problem (although Brownie did his least to make it one).

Imagine a replay of New Madrid earthquake.

I happen to think not having a military contingency plan for that sort of thing is Brownie-negligent.

And having one is no offense to Posse Comitatus.

Sheesh. I'll bet a chipmunk with an attitude frightens the ACLU.

erp said...

I'm more afraid of Obama than an earthquake or a hurricane.