Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BDS Victim on Life Support










Front page headline from our local liberal rag which I no longer read. My husband can't do without the sports pages, so this morning when I went out to get the paper for him, I couldn't help but spot the scare quotes.

I am really trying to follow his advice and "give it a rest," but how can I do that with this kind of stuff staring me in the face first thing before I even have my coffee.

From now on, I'll let him get his own paper or avert my eyes as I take it out of the box and then hold in behind my back until I get into the house where I'll drop it on the kitchen counter and then run for it.

The article itself isn't so bad, unless you count the writing, which is deplorable. The last paragraph is a real gem.
[...]

That sense of anticipation ex­tended beyond 1600 Pennsylva­nia Ave; as the Obamas’ black limousine made its way to the White House, hundreds of peo­ple lined the streets of Washing­ton, craning their necks to see. When the door opened and the couple stepped out to greet the Bushes, there was an unfamil­iar sound: cheering outside the White House gate.
Perhaps someone with training in abnormal psychology could explain why this picture has Bush's face darker than Obama's, although to be fair (pun intended), O's face has the darker scowl.

No comments: