I don't know if I can even phrase the questions coherently.
What do I type into the Element Link box to make comments and/or posts accrue, i.e., appear on the sidebar as they come in. Also, how do I increase the number of them. It seems to be limited to 5.
It seemed to be working, but the next morning when I turned on my laptop, that function wasn't working???
How can I use the READ MORE option where a long post can be truncated. I tried changing the Template but got horribly mixed up. I tried to find a way to make the change with an Element, but nothing was obvious.
I'm not usually this stupid. Honestly.
I was working on it on a separate blog when my old laptop when out. So what I had done went with it, not that I had that much confidence it would have worked.
I don’t think anybody is trying to get me in the usual sense. I think they’re trying to get me to shut up. Good luck with that. People have been trying to do that for 73 years.
Hard to believe as it may be, there's a lot of big money people in our little patch and heretofore (I love that word) everybody has just genuflected and did as they were told in hopes some of the gilt would come their way. It didn't but then it still hasn't stopped them from kowtowing.
You wouldn’t believe the terror of my acquaintances and neighbors at the thought of speaking out, so I am keeping my identify under wraps.
I decided to start a blog where things the media wouldn't touch could see the light of day and I know it’s getting to them, but I’m pretty careful saying only what’s in the public record and have absolutely nothing to hide personally, so I don’t care if they do investigate.
Blogger is still giving me fits and I’m almost ready to believe that it’s taking orders from our very own big enchiladas.
Thanks for the offer of the guest room. Sounds mighty tempting especially if there will be fruit cake on the menu.
Imagine the conversations we might have over breakfast, e! At least we could agree on quilts and baby clothes but we'd better hide the knives before tackiling other other issues.
I do admire your courage and tenacity. Keep at it.
m. I don't understand your comment. Do you believe we shouldn't fight against corruption? You don't need to hide the weaponry. I've only lost my temper a handful of time over the years and in every case it was provoked by my mother who was a master provocateur in whose league I doubt you could ever be.
It looks like Blogspot hard limits you to 5. It looks like the Duckians are using this third party widget to support a larger number. It should work for posts as well, with the right URL.
As for have "More" links with expandable posts, here's documentation from Blogspot about it. Looks kind of painful to me.
You might offer to bake cookies for one of the crew who actually use Blogspot, as I dislike recommending things I haven't done myself.
Thanks, I actually did get the Expanded Post to work using that method on a blog I use to practice on, but when I was in the process of transferring it to the main blog, my laptop expired and I hadn't had a chance to save anything. The new laptop needed so much housekeeping that I got discouraged, also I'm very lazy.
Perhaps Blogger will introduce the Extended Post for their Add an Element site. That is a great idea and such a convenience.
The domestic arts aren't my forte, so my cookies aren't likely to tempt anyone.
9 comments:
I think you'll need to be a bit more specific.
I don't know if I can even phrase the questions coherently.
What do I type into the Element Link box to make comments and/or posts accrue, i.e., appear on the sidebar as they come in. Also, how do I increase the number of them. It seems to be limited to 5.
It seemed to be working, but the next morning when I turned on my laptop, that function wasn't working???
How can I use the READ MORE option where a long post can be truncated. I tried changing the Template but got horribly mixed up. I tried to find a way to make the change with an Element, but nothing was obvious.
I'm not usually this stupid. Honestly.
I was working on it on a separate blog when my old laptop when out. So what I had done went with it, not that I had that much confidence it would have worked.
Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks.
Who is out to get you, e? I'll get the guest room ready in case you need to make a quick getaway!
I don’t think anybody is trying to get me in the usual sense. I think they’re trying to get me to shut up. Good luck with that. People have been trying to do that for 73 years.
Hard to believe as it may be, there's a lot of big money people in our little patch and heretofore (I love that word) everybody has just genuflected and did as they were told in hopes some of the gilt would come their way. It didn't but then it still hasn't stopped them from kowtowing.
You wouldn’t believe the terror of my acquaintances and neighbors at the thought of speaking out, so I am keeping my identify under wraps.
I decided to start a blog where things the media wouldn't touch could see the light of day and I know it’s getting to them, but I’m pretty careful saying only what’s in the public record and have absolutely nothing to hide personally, so I don’t care if they do investigate.
Blogger is still giving me fits and I’m almost ready to believe that it’s taking orders from our very own big enchiladas.
Thanks for the offer of the guest room. Sounds mighty tempting especially if there will be fruit cake on the menu.
Imagine the conversations we might have over breakfast, e! At least we could agree on quilts and baby clothes but we'd better hide the knives before tackiling other other issues.
I do admire your courage and tenacity. Keep at it.
m. I don't understand your comment. Do you believe we shouldn't fight against corruption? You don't need to hide the weaponry. I've only lost my temper a handful of time over the years and in every case it was provoked by my mother who was a master provocateur in whose league I doubt you could ever be.
It looks like Blogspot hard limits you to 5. It looks like the Duckians are using this third party widget to support a larger number. It should work for posts as well, with the right URL.
As for have "More" links with expandable posts, here's documentation from Blogspot about it. Looks kind of painful to me.
You might offer to bake cookies for one of the crew who actually use Blogspot, as I dislike recommending things I haven't done myself.
Thanks, I actually did get the Expanded Post to work using that method on a blog I use to practice on, but when I was in the process of transferring it to the main blog, my laptop expired and I hadn't had a chance to save anything. The new laptop needed so much housekeeping that I got discouraged, also I'm very lazy.
Perhaps Blogger will introduce the Extended Post for their Add an Element site. That is a great idea and such a convenience.
The domestic arts aren't my forte, so my cookies aren't likely to tempt anyone.
e, I was trying to be funny! I wasn't referring to your campaigning issues, just the things we agree to differ on in general.
Post a Comment